Pages

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Translate this Blog

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Yuvi Batting Right Hand in Colombo



Wednesday, April 03, 2013
4:31 PM


Believe me, I am not mad at all. It is 4:30 PM here in Sri Lanka. I am at Press Box of R.Premadasa Cricket Stadium. I know you have many  questions . One, "how come Yuvi in Sri Lanka ?", Two, "Isn't he playing for IPL6 today onwards in India?", Three "any IPL matches scheduled in Sri Lanka this time ?" One single answers for all those questions is NO.

Few of you may aware that World Cup Tournament Happening here in Colombo. I don't know, to whom I should thank for this sensational opportunity provided.  People who invited to electronic media (I am a blogger in sinhala)or  who decided to change the originally planned location to Sri Lanka. I don't know. I never expect World Class Cricket from bunch of University students who embarked here few days back.


Let me first of all explain, why I am such a great fan of Yuvraj Singh.  I followed Cricket closely since my childhood. Never missed any Cricket Match telecasted on TV. If I am not mistaken it is 2002 I watched India's tour of England.  Before that as anyone I loved to watch Sachin playing. But on that particular day  they were going after huge target of 325 set by home team England. Even though Indian openers put 106 on the board for 1st wicket in 14.3 overs, rest of their greats likes of Sachin, Dravid along with Dinesh Mongia failed to contribute. It was 5 wicket down for 146 when these duo got together and gone onto put 121 fighting partnership which made sure India home.

From that onwards Yuvi or Yuvraj Singh has become one of my favorite batsmen. I rarely missed any of his matched. Aggression, Passion & Pride this lad have in him. But it is not this original Yuvi I am referring today. Today I saw a right handed one. It is said that "India is not a country but a world". So out of their 1.2 Billion population couldn't it be another one exist?  But for some cases you could not find a match.

I am not telling this lad, I am referring as good as Yuvi, but he has some potential to hitting it out of the park. He is none other than Jaskaran Singh Sohi. "Dear readers, I know what you are trying to tell". Please, I am not trying to insult great batsman who hit six sixes in an over, who was player of the tournament 2011 World Cup. But Inning I have been watching minutes ago had Yuvi effect in it.

To be honest I never expected this kind of entertainment in a tournament like this because it a bunch of college students.  In the morning they had a tense match against their arch rival pakistan. During their chase of 138 set by pakistan Jasakaran Singh hit 8 fours and 5 sixes to compile a 75 runs in 46 balls. It is quite normal these kind of batting efforts in any T20 match but his shots almost similar to Yuvi's ones. Specially pulling and lofted over covers. It felt me I am watching Yuvi batting from a Mirror. If he doesn't ran out during the inning, it would have been a brilliant century. He collapsed on the pitch very unfortunately.

In the afternoon match they met Australian team where Team India made mammoth 225 in their alloted 20 over thanks to Jaskaran Singh who made another fabulious 63 runs in 29 balls. In fact he reached his 50 in 20 balls. In that inning he twice whacked the ball to the stands as if Yuvi batting right handed. In that knock he hit 7 fours and 4 sixes.

All in all, he is exactly Yuvi for me. Moment after Indian inning I rushed to one of the indian journalists  to know Jaskaran's height. He promptly answered "he should be 6 foot 3 inches". Then I googled for Yuvi's Biodata and found he is 6" 2'. Bit dissapointed though I rushed to meet  Mr. Marvan Attapattu who was at presentation area to hand his trophy. Once he got his tropy I rushed to Jaskaran Singh and asked his height. Could you imagine his answer .......It was 6" 2'.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sir,
    Pls read it fully sir!!
    I,ve already contacted you regarding Corporate super cup for Cognizant related. Now I'm asing you one more help sir..
    My name is Nirmal Kumar. I'm from Erode only. I'm working as software trainee in Cognizant. You know I
    love to play cricket very much more than that I love cricket very much. I've no
    chance to play some good cricket but whenever I find spare I'll play some good
    cricket.
    You know one thing my age is 22 oly but still I tried for mentor jobs in cricket
    that much passion I love with cricket. I've applied for cricinfo.com jobs but
    didnt get anyone. I'll download all the photos updated daily in cricinfo.I'll
    eagerly participated in sendind commentries on cricinfo's.
    I'm the school cricket team captain and we won championship continuously for three
    years.I've certificates for that. But then after my sad day starts I didnt get any
    chances to play.But once in a month I'll play with my Accenture roommates.
    I've tried in my company Cognizant also they said they wont allow trainees. One
    thing is software is not my life. I know my talent and life is CRICKET only.
    I'm a bowler/fielder. Please join me in any of team. Grow up my talent sir.
    Atleast my dream to play one RANJI match.
    My begging request . You can call me and test my talent sir. I want to play
    atleast corporate level matches.

    I love cricket very much its my soul....
    Mail me sir : nnirmal54@gmail.com
    Call me : 9952878095

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I show this to One of the Managers of RedBull India.

      Delete
  2. if i ll call to play in sri lankan domestic surely i ll play...

    ReplyDelete

 

Sample text

Sample Text